Sunday, June 20, 2010

My DaD


As today got closer and with all the things that have been going on, I have been feeling down. Last night I went out and celebrated with friends passing my RN boards. I have to say I had one hell of a good time!!! If there is one thing me and my girls can do, its have a good time! I actually danced in a cage with a pole in it last night;) It was wonderful! But the days leading up to this celebration have been overshadowed by recent events and with Fathers Day nearing. Not any more!!!! You know what? I freakin passed my boards! That was no easy task for me. I retook a class 3 times. Yes, 3 times:) I have so much to look forward to. I have family and friends that are there no matter what the need is. There will never be a word to describe how I feel about the people in my life that have been there for me always! And oh how I miss my Dad. It has been 5 years but I still miss him, he was my hero. I know that will never go away so I have decided to only think of all the fun we had together. Ive been remembering our yearly trips to Elko for Dads bowling tournament. The many many barbecues at the pool that usually ended in a food fight. The way Dad chewed his food~those that know Cookie know exactly what I mean. lmao! I remember the first time Dad lovingly held Sara and said" God your as beautiful as your mother." I remember the tear in his eye as he walked me down the aisle. I think of the special bond he and Zach had~you know, that love hate thing:) But most of all, I remember his hug. There has never been a time that I have felt more safe and loved then when Dad would hug me. Those hugs just made everything disappear for just a little while. What I wouldn't give for one of those hugs now! I know it would protect me while I'm just trying to figure it out.........

1 comment:

  1. wow... yes you did it! and i mis Grandpa so much! you did it becuase of him!! i know it :) so proud of you mom... AND you are one step closer to just trying to figure it out...

    ReplyDelete